Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's alive! Again!

Long time no see, eh? Nope. Been ages since I’ve been here. Why? ‘Coz I am all grown up now. Lame? Yeah, that’s exactly how growing up has been for me. Lots of stuff happened since I last posted here (concentrate on the letter ‘I’ in particular). Infact, the last post (‘Taare Screen Par’) was made at a critical time. Listing some of the more important events (in no order whatsoever):


1. Graduated from college

2. Started working

3. Parted from almost everyone I knew

4. Found ‘people’ to really care for



When I think about all this, an overpowering, unexplainable feeling sweeps through my guts. It’s like getting punished for moving on. And it stays on for quite a while. What’s worse is that it gives rise to other undesirable thoughts. Problem is, of late, its happening much too often.


The solution I’ve figured out is to keep myself busy which is working till now. As it is, I am working even on the weekends (and that’s where I am typing this from. Night shift does have its advantages). When not here, I am at home, sleeping most of the time. So you see no more ‘thoughts’. I’ve overcome my monsters.


Anyway, enough of these sordid talks. I now also own a powerful weapon to fight my gloom. A TV! Which reminds me that the IPL started today. Was a bummer. Why would anyone in SA care about the Mumbai Indians or the Chennai Super Kings? It pained me to see cricketing greats playing in front of such meager audience. Looked like a pimped up version of the Ranji trophy on international grounds.


I also discovered a few things on the net:


Mibbit (www.mibbit.com) – an online IRC client to beat office boredom.


Omegle (www.omegle.com) – a rather weird service which enables you to talk to strangers.


Twitter! (twitter.com/hardikorama) – my favorite of the lot. Micro blogging. Come be a follower.


More updates on my twitter…

1 comment:

Hetal Lakhani said...

heya,
had been long since i read stuff written by you. Second your thoughts on IPL..though i am a dedicated audience!! Nd ye, keep on writing. You do it well.
Cheers!